Spring Macarons and a Ruffle Cake


We're just a few days away from spring - and it's finally feeling like winter is over here in the northeast (I hope I didn't just jinx it!).  I felt inspired this weekend to make some treats in pretty colors.

My first treat - french macarons.  The pink macarons are vanilla with vanilla cream filling; the yellow macarons are filled with an amazing marscarpone lemon cream filling.  I have to say - these are the best macarons I have made yet.  A wonderfully thin shell, soft, slightly chewy interior, and nice feet!  They were delicious right out of the oven - and even better after a day in the refrigerator.  Yum!



My second treat - a pink ruffle cake.  Seems like I've been seeing ruffle cakes everywhere lately, and decided I needed to make one myself! Pretty pink buttercream ruffles adorn a chocolate cake filled with cappuccino cream.


Happy (almost!) spring!

No comments: